Hello everybody! It has been a long time. I took a break for a couple weeks. A lot of things on my plate, but I am hopefully back now! Well, let’s see what has happened lately…
- Dressing up the kiddos in their Halloween costumes this year (Peter Pan and Tink)… makes me happy!
- Getting to spend Halloween with a lot of family… makes me happy!
- Watching the kiddos play with one cousin and meet a brand new cousin last Friday… makes me happy!
- Going to the Supernatural convention with my sisters-in-law (with a photo op from Mr. Mark Sheppard) this last weekend… makes me happy!
- Having an entire week with Hubby home this past week… makes me happy!
Well, there’s my list for today! It has been an eventful couple of weeks, so I couldn’t mention everything. Have a wonderful Monday!
So, I was browsing Pinterest (I’m not on there every day… or several times a day…shut up…) when I came across this little gem.
You know what that is?
That is a Hobbit Bar in New Zealand! Called the Green Dragon, of course.
Hooray for the kiwis capitalizing on a prime tourist situation!
I have to go there… If I am ever in New Zealand, you will find me there at least once during my trip. They have Sackville Cider from the Southfarthing!
So, that’s enough nerding out for today. Hope this inspires a trip to New Zealand for you. I know it’s definitely given me even more reason to visit this beautiful country!
So, a friend sent this to me the other day, and to be honest, I have watched it way too many times! As well as this song getting stuck in my head, I think it’s just hilarious…
If you have never watched Supernatural, it’ll just be weird… Otherwise, enjoy!
This week has been long. Hubby working night shifts, and Scout deciding she doesn’t want to sleep all night anymore… It’s just been a long week. But, I found this photographer’s album…
While the artwork is amazing, and I wish I could be so talented… I was more jealous of all the places they’ve been! It really got my wanderlust going. Sometimes I wish I could just travel the world with Hubby! The kiddos can come, too 😉
This might have something to do with the fact that it’s been raining like crazy lately and going outside is even out of the question. Regardless… Hogwarts anyone?
Oh… and can I please have her hair?
Happy first Monday in May everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend, and are ready to start this beautiful week! Here goes…
1. Getting a fantastic date with Hubby yesterday, including delicious Creole breakfast and Avengers: Age of Ultron while grandparents watched the kiddos… makes me so happy!
2. Attending the wedding of a dear friend who I am so excited for… makes me happy!
3. Avengers: Age of Ultron… it made me laugh, it made me cry (I’m a sap)… and it made me happy!
4. The kiddos finally getting over whatever random sickness that made them both get horrible diaper rash… makes me so happy!
5. The fact that to day is May the 4th!… makes me so happy!
Have a wonderful start to the week everyone!
Happy May Day!!
I remember my family used to make little May Day baskets with spring-y treats, leave them on our friends doorsteps, and then ding-dong-ditch! That was a lot of fun.
Well, Hubby and I have a wedding to go to this weekend! A dear friend who I am so excited for!
She is definitely a cowgirl, and the wedding will be at a ranch and in a barn… so naturally I need my cowboy boots! They are actually my grandpa’s, and I’ve had them for a long time now.
I also had to sneak in my own little bit of nerdiness…
I’m sure I do not need to tell most of you about the new Avengers film coming out this weekend! I am so do so excited! And here’s why…
1. Hubby and I need a date night! We haven’t had a date in about a month and in that time his birthday had come and gone and the kiddos were sick… We’re ready for a break!
2. I love superheroes! (Ok, if you are a crazy comic book connoisseur, please don’t rip me apart for anything I say here. I don’t know comic books, and I don’t really plan to. The closest I ever got to comic books was Archie back when I was a kid.) That being said, I do love superheroes. I love their stories. I think the only superhero that I have tried to like and failed is Superman. Frankly, he bores me. But the Avengers… snarky billionaire in an awesome suit, brilliant reserved scientist (who we found out is always angry), golden-locked mythical god from another world, golden-locked patriot from a different time, quiet yet lethal archer who doesn’t let the rest of them steal the spotlight, and an awesome (excuse me) bad-ass chick trying to wipe her slate clean. They all have interesting back stories (Budapest?), and it feels like at one moment they might just all snap and punch Tony, but they do tend to rally to make an awesome movie.
3. Perfect casting. Honestly, I don’t really know who the Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye really are. I never saw the earlier Hulk movies (heard they were terrible) and I don’t read comic books. But from what I can tell, they pretty much nailed it.
4. Opening weekend… what? We never get to see opening weekend movies! And we’re going to the comfy sofa chairs! Hooray!
5. I am going through major nerd withdrawal. Doctor Who is on break. Sherlock is on hiatus. I watched as much Arrow as was available to me way too fast and have to wait now. Mockingjay Part II, Star Wars, Jurassic World… I could go on.
Well, there you go. Now excuse me while I see if I can borrow the first Avengers from someone so I can watch before we go!